Monday, April 13, 2009

Light in a Dark World

"What's up, Jesus? Looney Tunes 'Last Supper' parody stirs controversy"

When I read this, I wondered why anyone would do such a thing. Then, I read this:

"Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist"

There's an article floating around that I haven't had time to dig into yet that is saying the "Christian Right" has basically given up on society. So much of the news is bad and as Christians we know that the Scriptures have been warning of these days for generations. We can't stop the flow of time, but I have this indescribable hope inside of me. I guess that's why I can read about the current events and not become hopeless. God's Word states that these things will come to pass, but It also states that as Christians we have the hope through Jesus that He has us under His wing and there is no reason to despair.

Is this a time to draw into ourselves and give up on the people around us? I say NO! Now more than ever is the time to let our lights shine into the darkness and proclaim the awesomeness of our Lord. Yesterday we celebrated the sacrifice & Resurrection of Jesus Christ ... today, we are to stand taller and hold our lamps higher to show a very lost and scared world the love of our Savior.

Stand for Jesus and let your light shine.
May the Lord bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment